Courtesy Pay is a discretionary service we provide to our members to protect you in the event you accidentally overdraw your checking account. This service pays checks, ATM transactions¹, debit card transactions¹, and ACH charges on your behalf in situations where you may have insufficient funds. This service is applied only after your other overdraft protection options, if any, have applied.
Courtesy Pay Features:
- $5.00 fee per item only when used (in addition to the NSF fee of $30.00)
- Courtesy limit of up to $1,000.00 on your qualifying checking account
- All check transactions are covered automatically
- ¹Debit and ATM transactions are covered only when you opt-in (Courtesy Pay Plus)
- Skip the embarrassment of bouncing a check and/or the fee from both institutions
- Have the flexibility you need to access money in unforeseen circumstances
- Avoid the hassle and expense of having to make alternate payment arrangements
What are the standard courtesy pay coverages that come with a SAFCU checking account?
Courtesy pay is available to qualified members with a checking account in good standing and positive activity.
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- ACH, checks, and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts via courtesy pay for the following types of transactions unless you opt in (see opt-in information below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
How much does courtesy pay cost?
There is no fee to opt-in and become eligible for this service, nor is there a fee unless you actually overdraw your account and we choose to honor the transaction. Please see our fee schedule for courtesy pay fee.
How to opt-in for courtesy pay plus on ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
You can opt in for this additional coverage at any time. We offer several convenient ways for you to opt in:
- Call us at (800) 541-2546
- Complete the Courtesy Pay Opt-In Form and drop it off at our branch or mail it to:
Santa Ana Federal Credit Union,
800 W Santa Ana Blvd, Santa Ana, CA 92701