We’ve combined convenient access with extra security for all of our Members; the result being Secured Checking built for anyone who needs the power of 24/7 worldwide access.
Enjoy These Benefits With Secured Checking:
- No minimum opening deposit requirement
- No average daily balance requirement
- Overdraft Protection**
- SAFCU@Home (online banking) – 24/7 secure online access
- SAFCU Bill Payer (via online banking) – Unlimited bill paying
- Connect with Quicken (via online banking)
- SAFCU-By-Phone (audio banking)
- SAFCU Mobile Banking
- SAFCU QwikSnap (Photo Deposit – via Mobile Banking)*
- Shared Branching access at more than 5,000 credit union locations
- IDProtect®- Identity Theft Protection Service
- Send and receive money to/from other SAFCU members/accounts
- Paperless e-Statements
- Account alerts to help manage your money and avoid fees
- Visa® Debit Card*
- Surcharge-free ATM access at more than 30,000 CO-OP Network locations
- Fraud Risk Protection – 24-hour monitoring of SAFCU debit cards
- Direct Deposit
- Unlimited Check Writing
- Unlimited Debit Card Use
- Monthly $5.00 Fee
*Approval and Direct Deposit Required
Visa® Check Card
Your SAFCU Visa® check card will give you surcharge-free access at more ATMs than even the largest U.S. bank. Learn more about SAFCU's Visa® check card
The Ease of an ATM Card with the Purchasing Power of Visa®
- Cash access at more than 30,000 surcharge-free CO-OP Network ATMs, including 5,500 7-Eleven locations
- Make deposits at 9,000 deposit-taking ATMs
- Use at millions of locations around the world, anywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted
- Shop online with any website that accepts Visa® check cards
- No annual fee
- Verified by Visa® program for secure Internet shopping
- Zero liability protects you from fraudulent charges made with your card
Avoid the cost and embarrassment of checking overdrafts
We offer member-friendly Overdraft Protection to provide automatic protection should you ever find yourself with not enough money in your checking account.
|What is it?||In the event that you do not have enough money in your account, Overdraft Protection will transfer available funds from one of your eligible SAFCU accounts to pay the transaction.|
|How does it work?||If we receive a transaction that cannot be covered by the funds in your checking account, we'll automatically transfer enough to cover your account. If a line of credit is used to cover the transaction, interest will accrue on the outstanding balance until the loan is paid in full.|
|Eligible accounts||Savings Account - up to 6 transfers per month.
Money Market Account - up to 6 transfers per month.
Line of Credit - subject to applicable finance charges.
|Fees||You must maintain a balance or credit limit that will cover any overdrafts from your Checking Account, otherwise a standard $30.00 non-sufficient funds fee will apply per transaction.|
|How to get started||Contact the credit union at (714) 834-1341 or (800) 541-2546 to set up Overdraft Protection for your checking account.|
Need more overdraft protection options? Check out our Courtesy Pay!